Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. The ground is muddy because it rained this morning.
- ex. All public schools in the country follow one curriculum.
- ex. The wedding will take place in a big hotel.
- ex. My daughter learned a lot at her preschool.
- ex. I like sitting on the porch of our house.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
In Sweden, most people agree that muddy children are happy children. So, young students play outdoors as part of the national curriculum. But most of the teaching takes place outdoors in I Ur Och Skur preschools. I Ur Och Skur literally means “Rain or Shine.” Managers of these forest preschools believe that a natural environment encourages learning more than just hearing and seeing lessons in a classroom.
I Ur Och Skur schools started in 1985 and now offer “experience-based learning” across the country. Recently, more and more parents and children are becoming interested in these forest preschools because of climate change. In one of their schools, around 300 students are on the waiting list for a chance to attend.
Still, when it comes to teaching outside, the children’s health comes first. Children who attend forest schools always wear proper clothes for the rain and the snow. After returning from the forest, the children eat warm lunch and go to the school porch to take a nap before going to the forest again. But when it’s too cold or too hot outside, children have their lessons indoors.
This material was based on an article by The Associated Press.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
Going to School
- Do you think children should be required to go to preschool? Why or why not? Discuss.
- In your opinion, what should students learn in preschool (ex. language, making friends)? Discuss.
- Do you want to have forest schools in your country? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you like doing outdoor activities? Why or why not? Discuss.
- In Sweden, most people agree that muddy children are happy children. Do you agree or disagree with this? Why? Discuss.
- According to the article, a natural environment encourages learning more than just hearing and seeing lessons in a classroom. What is your opinion about this? Discuss.