Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. The doctors were able to detect his illness early.
- ex. The politician was never involved in any scandal. He has a good reputation.
- ex. Cheating is a very serious issue in this school.
- ex. A lot of issues hindered the project from continuing.
- ex. We will surely succeed with this foolproof plan.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
ChatGPT creator, OpenAI, has launched a new tool that can help teachers detect students who are cheating. OpenAI’s popular chatbot, ChatGPT, has gained a reputation as a tool for cheating because some students use it to easily answer take-home tests. Because of this, educators fear that ChatGPT encourages dishonesty and hinders learning. To fight this reputation, OpenAI released the AI Text Classifier.
The AI Text Classifier can help detect whether homework was written by a human or by artificial intelligence (AI). This tool can identify if the homework is copied without permission. It can also see if it contains false information created by AI. The tool gives different ratings to texts such as “likely,” “unclear,” or “unlikely” written by AI. The tool works better with longer texts.
However, the tool is not foolproof. OpenAI said that it will be wrong sometimes, so teachers should not rely on it alone when making decisions. OpenAI said that to help educators fight cheating, it is going to make new guidelines on using AI.
This material was based on an article by The Associated Press.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
- Do you think OpenAI should shut down ChatGPT? Why or why not? Discuss.
- AI tools can help students study better, but they can also be used for cheating. Do you think students should NOT be allowed to use AI tools in school? Why or why not? Discuss.
- OpenAI said that the tool is not foolproof. Do you think people should still use it? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Why do you think some students cheat (ex. lessons are too difficult, they don’t want to study)? Discuss.
- Should students caught cheating be removed from school right away? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Why should students stop or avoid cheating? Discuss.