Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. Some countries had a 14-day quarantine for international travelers because of Covid-19.
- ex. The war has created a large number of refugees.
- ex. My cat got his first vaccinations when he was seven weeks old.
- ex. Some people got in trouble for visiting friends during their home isolation.
- ex. Unlike my sister, I love green peppers. She hates them!
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
After traveling by car from Ukraine to the UK, one family may go back to Kyiv in order to be with their cats. Lena, her three children, and her granddaughter are currently staying at a British couple’s home in Wales, but their three cats are in a special quarantine center almost 275 kilometers away. Lena and her family cannot see their pets for over three months.
The UK government has changed its pet quarantine rules for Ukrainian refugees. It will pay for all quarantine and vaccination costs, and after some blood tests, most pets may return to their families for home isolation. However, unlike Scotland and England, Wales won’t allow home isolation because it can’t be monitored. They say that keeping pets in quarantine centers is the best way to protect both humans and animals.
Lena’s worried about her eight-year-old granddaughter, Ryta, who’s having a difficult time without her cats. According to Ryta’s teacher, being with her cats could greatly help Ryta get used to life in the UK. It’s believed that more than half of all Ukrainian refugees took their pets with them to other countries.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
- Lena and her family may go back to Kyiv in order to be with their cats. Do you think that's a good idea? Why or why not? Discuss.
- The UK government changed its pet quarantine rules for Ukrainian refugees. In your opinion, should it change the rules for ALL refugees? Why or why not? Discuss.
- More than 33,000 Ukrainian refugees are staying in British people's houses. Do you want to have a refugee stay in your house? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Wales says that keeping pets in quarantine centers for over three months is the best way to protect both humans and animals. Do you agree? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Wales won’t allow home isolation because it can’t be monitored. Do you think most pet owners in Scotland and England are doing home isolation correctly? Why or why not? Discuss.
- In your opinion, if people break quarantine or home isolation, what should happen (ex. they pay a fine, they go to jail)? Why? Discuss.