Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. There are different mobile phone retailers at the mall.
- ex. I don’t have to go to the hospital because of a mild cough. I’ll just go to a clinic for some primary care.
- ex. My dad’s small café will expand next year. We will have a new shop downtown.
- ex. The speaker will talk about physical health and mental health, among others.
- ex. We need to try a new approach in solving this problem. The old method doesn’t work.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
US retailer Walmart plans to add more than two dozen health care centers to some of its stores next year. This action is part of the plan to provide primary care and other services to its customers. The company announced it will open 28 centers in 2024, mostly in Dallas and Houston. It also will expand into the Phoenix and Kansas City, Missouri, areas.
The new centers will be built inside Walmart Supercenters. Aside from primary care, the centers will also offer dental care and mental health services, among others. A spokeswoman said the centers will serve patients of all ages. But Walmart is now working with another health care company to provide value-based care to more patients, especially those who are 65 and older.
Value-based care is a new approach to medicine. In this approach, doctors are rewarded for keeping patients healthy instead of paying them for every service they perform. The idea of value-based care is to help patients stay on their medications, control health problems, and avoid hospital stays and other expensive care.
This material was based on an article by The Associated Press.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
Expanding a Business
- Do you think opening health care centers inside supermarkets is a good idea? Why or why not? Discuss.
- In your opinion, is expanding a business a good idea? Why or why not? Discuss.
- In what situation do you think it’s a bad idea to expand a business? Discuss.
- Is health care important for you? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Is it easy or difficult to get an appointment in primary care centers in your country? Discuss.
- The idea of value-based care is to help patients stay on their medications, control health problems, and avoid hospital stays and other expensive care. Do you like this approach to medicine? Why or why not? Discuss.