Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. I have high blood pressure, so I try not to eat salty food.
- ex. Jenna wanted to become more mindful, so she started doing yoga.
- ex. Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention. What did you say?
- ex. I can’t believe he ate that big cake all at once!
- ex. Some people ride their bikes on the sidewalk, but I prefer to ride on the road.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
More and more experts are recommending an unusual way to improve your mental and physical health: forest baths. The activity known as shinrin yoku in Japan has started to gain popularity overseas as well. Studies have shown that forest bathing helps lower blood pressure, fight depression and stress, and even improve memory.
A forest bath is a slow, mindful walk through a forest. As you walk around, pay attention to nature. What do you see? What do you hear? What do you smell? To give your brain a rest, turn off your phone and stop thinking about your to-do list. Experts recommend two hours a week for maximum benefits, but it doesn’t have to be done all at once. Even a 10-minute forest bath can help a lot.
For people who live in cities, experts recommend focusing on nature close to home. When going to work, leave a little early so you can walk more slowly. Pay attention to the trees along the street and the little flowers next to the sidewalk. If you can, try to have meetings outside or buy plants for your office.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
- In your opinion, what are the biggest causes of stress for most people (ex. money, relationships)? Why? Discuss.
- In your opinion, what’s the best way to lower stress (ex. listening to music, exercising)? Why? Discuss.
- Do you think it’s possible to live a 100% stress-free life? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you agree that forest bathing can help lower blood pressure, fight depression and stress, and improve memory? Why or why not? Discuss.
- In your opinion, can people in cities have the same benefits from forest bathing as people in the countryside? Why or why not? Discuss.
- How do you feel about having work meetings outside (ex. a good idea, not realistic)? Why? Discuss.