Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. My daughter is very interested in health and is studying to become a dietitian.
- ex. Did James lose weight? He looks different.
- ex. When we discovered my son’s peanut allergy, everyone in my family cut out peanut products.
- ex. This chocolate cake is delicious, but it’s not very nutritious.
- ex. The big bags of dog food are expensive, but in the long run, you actually save money.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
Many dietitians are using TikTok and other social media to share a surprising message: Stop dieting! In order to lose weight, it’s commonly believed that you have to cut out “bad” foods, but according to dietitians Steph Grasso and Sam Previte, this is a recipe for failure. Instead, they recommend simply adding more nutritious foods to your plate.
Grasso explains that when you cut out foods, you actually begin to want them more. She says that it’s better to aim for a balanced way of eating that you can continue for a long time. According to Grasso, strict diets may help people lose weight fast, but in the long run, they almost always fail. She recommends that people focus on becoming healthier, not smaller.
Like many other TikTok dietitians, Previte believes that diets are actually dangerous for both mental and physical health. She wants people to stop labeling foods as “good” or “bad.” In order to be healthier, Previte encourages people to follow three simple rules: Eat when you’re hungry, stop when you’re full, and don’t judge your foods.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
- Do you agree that strict diets almost always fail in the long run? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you agree that diets are actually dangerous for both mental and physical health? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you agree that people should focus on becoming healthier, not smaller? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you agree that people should stop labeling foods as "good" or "bad"? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you think it's easy to stop eating when you're full? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Imagine that you want to become healthier. What nutritious foods will you add to your plate (ex. broccoli, cauliflower rice)? Why? Discuss.