Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. I was so happy to be reunited with my dog after the hurricane.
- ex. Have you seen Alyssa’s cat recently? She’s missing.
- ex. We called the police because someone tried to kidnap a child at the mall.
- ex. The US has states, but Canada has provinces.
- ex. Kyle is known for his persistence. He never gives up!
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
After a 24-year search and a DNA test, a Chinese couple have been reunited with their missing son. Guo Gangtang and his wife, Zhang Wenge, said that their son was kidnapped in 1997 while playing in front of their home. He was only 2 years old at the time.
Guo traveled to more than 20 provinces in China in search of his missing son, riding over 500,000 kilometers on a motorbike. On the back of his motorbike was a large banner that had a picture of his son and a message for him: “Son, where are you? Dad is looking for you to come home.” He broke several bones in traffic accidents and slept under bridges when he had no more money.
Guo joined several missing-persons organizations in China, and he actually helped reunite at least 7 other parents with their missing children. In 2015, Hong Kong superstar Andy Lau starred in Lost and Love, a movie that was based on Guo’s story. Lau congratulated Guo on finally finding his son and said that he admired Guo’s persistence.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
- Guo rode over 500,000 kilometers in search of his missing son, sleeping under bridges when he had no more money. What do you think about his persistence (ex. amazing, maybe stressful for his wife)? Why? Discuss.
- Guo helped reunite at least 7 other parents with their missing children. Do you think he should receive an award? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Imagine that you're Guo Gangtang. How do you feel about your story being made into a movie (ex. happy, angry)? Why? Discuss.
- Guo's son was only 2 years old when he was kidnapped in 1997. How do you think he feels after being reunited with his real parents (ex. happy, confused)? Why? Discuss.
- Guo's family was reunited on TV. Do you think that's okay, or should reunions like this be private moments? Why? Discuss.
- Imagine that you can reunite with anyone in your past. Who will you choose (ex. your best friend from elementary school, an old neighbor)? Why? Discuss.