Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. Wow, that’s a one-of-a-kind dress. Did Annie make it herself?
- ex. Please be quiet and don’t disturb the sleeping baby.
- ex. Thank you for your concern, but don’t worry. I’m okay.
- ex. I wrote everyone’s names on the bottles to ensure that they won’t get mixed up.
- ex. Some snakes are dangerous because they have venom.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
People have started to call a new Indonesian tourism project “Jurassic Park” after a shocking photo of it went viral online. The photo shows a Komodo dragon blocking a truck in Komodo National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The Indonesian government says that it’s building a one-of-a-kind tourism spot, but details about the project aren’t clear.
Construction for the project began in 2020. Environmental activists say that the sound of engines and the smell of smoke will disturb the Komodo dragons, and UNESCO has also expressed concern about the project. In response, the Indonesian government said that it’ll send a team to the park to ensure that the Komodo dragons are not in any danger.
Komodo National Park is the only place in the world where Komodo dragons live in the wild. The aggressive lizards can grow to about 3 meters long, and they eat deer, pigs, water buffalo, and even other Komodo dragons. They have sharp teeth and venom that can kill a person within a few hours, although attacks on humans are rare.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
The “Jurassic Park” Project
- Why do you think people were so shocked by the photo of a Komodo dragon blocking a truck? Discuss.
- Do you think it's a good idea to build a tourism spot in Komodo National Park? Why or why not? Discuss.
- The Indonesian government said that it'll send a team to the park to ensure the Komodo dragons are not in any danger. Do you think the Komodo dragons will still be disturbed? Why or why not? Discuss.
- In your opinion, is animal tourism a good thing (ex. taking selfies with sloths in Costa Rica, feeding crocodiles in Australia)? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you think international tourism will fully return in 2022? Why or why not? Discuss.
- How important is tourism for your country? Why? Discuss.