Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. She posts exercise videos online to promote healthy living.
- ex. We like to go jogging on the path in the woods.
- ex. I spent the whole evening watching movies.
- ex. We need to come up with fun ideas for the company party.
- ex. The project will probably need funding from the government.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
Jesse Holmes, a fourth-grade teacher in California, has created the Storybook Walk, a unique project to promote reading, outdoor exercise, and family time during Covid-19. Located in front of Hicks Canyon Elementary School, the Storybook Walk is a path that features pages from storybooks. Students start reading from one end and continue along the path until they finish the whole book.
Holmes said that she came up with the Storybook Walk because she wanted to offer students a way to read without using devices like tablets or computers. She explained that many kids use the path when they walk home after school, so the project is a good opportunity for them to read. Holmes said that students’ families are also welcome to come and enjoy the Storybook Walk.
To pay for the project, Holmes asked for help on a fundraising site. Deena Vela, the principal of Hicks Canyon Elementary School, said that Holmes has received a lot of funding for the school over the years. According to Vela, in addition to the Storybook Walk, Holmes has created many other amazing projects. She said that the students really enjoy them.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
- Do you think that children now read less than before? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you think it's important for children to sometimes read without using tablets, computers, or other devices? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you think that listening to audiobooks is a good way to read more? Why or why not? Discuss.
- In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good teacher (ex. energetic, good with children)? Why? Discuss.
- Do you think that it’s okay for teachers to do fundraising, or should the government give more funding to schools? Why? Discuss.
- Do you think that teachers are respected enough in your country? Why or why not? Discuss.