Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. I started going to the gym because I was really out of shape.
- ex. We test our physical fitness every year at work. I hate the running part!
- ex. The school provides free breakfast for students from disadvantaged families.
- ex. Jen’s family is very well-off. She got a new BMW for her 16th birthday!
- ex. We had a class party last Friday, but Ben missed out because he was sick.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
One man is pushing for every child in Wales to have a free week-long school trip. Politician Sam Rowlands says that the government should pay for trips to outdoor educational centers, where children can try hiking, climbing, canoeing, rope courses, and other physical activities. His plan could cost the Welsh government up to £13.6 million (about ¥2.3 billion).
According to a recent global study, children in Wales are extremely out of shape. Researchers gave Welsh kids an F in physical fitness. Outdoor education centers are a great way to get children to be more active, but many Welsh families say that they can’t pay for them. A one-week stay costs between £290-400 (about ¥48,000-67,000) per child. Compared to kids in disadvantaged families, children in well-off families are more than twice as likely to visit an outdoor education center.
Rowlands feels it’s unfair that many children from poorer families miss out. However, he knows that it won’t be easy for the Welsh government to pay for his plan. Some supporters say that the government should only cover the cost for students from disadvantaged families.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
- Do you agree that the Welsh government should pay for every child to have a free week-long school trip? Why or why not? Discuss.
- In your opinion, what are good places to go for school trips (ex. museums, zoos)? Why? Discuss.
- In your opinion, what's the purpose of school trips (ex. to learn, to have new experiences)? Why? Discuss.
- Researchers gave Welsh kids an F in physical fitness. What grade do you think they gave children in your country? Why? Discuss.
- In your opinion, what's the best way to increase your physical fitness (ex. lifting weights, running)? Why? Discuss.
- Many people make physical fitness goals for New Year's. Do you think most people will achieve their goals? Why or why not? Discuss.