Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. The company’s latest tablet was released last week.
- ex. They’re having a big sale on appliances, so I’m going to buy a new washing machine.
- ex. Do we have any soda in the fridge?
- ex. Some turtles have really long lifespans and can live over 100 years.
- ex. Many dogs are very loyal to their owners.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
A recent survey found that 31% of British adults feel that it’s important to always have the latest electronic devices. According to the survey, most Brits upgrade their phones every two to three years, while kettles and game consoles get changed every five years. British people also upgrade their cars, washing machines, and fridges every six to 10 years.
The survey also showed that smart appliances are getting more popular in the UK. Smart appliances can be connected to mobile phones or tablets for easy use and monitoring. The survey revealed that 55% of Brits have upgraded their flat screen TVs to smart TVs and 37% have switched to smart speakers. It also found that 16% are now using a smart washing machine and 14% own a smart fridge.
According to a separate survey, most Brits consider the lifespan of appliances before buying them. The majority expect washing machines to last for at least eight years, fridges to last for nine, and ovens to last even longer. The same survey also found that 20% of people are loyal to particular brands when buying home appliances.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
Appliance Upgrades and Lifespans
- How often should people upgrade their appliances (ex. their fridge, their washing machine)? Why? Discuss.
- In your opinion, is it important to consider the lifespan of appliances before buying them? Why or why not? Discuss.
- How long should people expect their appliances to last (ex. their fridge, their washing machine)? Why? Discuss.
Buying the Latest Devices and Appliances
- Do you think it's important to always have the latest electronic devices? Why or why not? Discuss.
- In your opinion, is it necessary to upgrade to smart appliances/devices? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you think it's good to be loyal to appliance/device brands? Why or why not? Discuss.