Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. Looking at a glowing computer screen can sometimes hurt your eyes.
- ex. My sister spotted a lion in the long grass, but I didn’t see it.
- ex. When Jake had a car accident, a witness called the police.
- ex. Scientists reported a sighting of a rare bird.
- ex. In the summer, I like to fly kites at the beach.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
Multiple people have reported seeing a UFO on the island of Oahu, Hawaii. The glowing blue object was spotted in the air around 8:30 p.m. on December 29, 2020. One witness said that it was larger than a telephone pole and flew for several kilometers before crashing into the ocean. Some people also reported a second smaller UFO coming from the same direction.
Honolulu police reported the UFO sightings to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) because they were worried that a plane had possibly crashed. However, the FAA said that no planes had disappeared from their radar. The FAA was unable to explain what the flying object was.
The glowing blue UFO was caught on video and shared on the internet. While some people say that it was aliens, others have explained that the UFO in the video looks like an LED kite. According to scientists, balloons, kites, and other man-made objects are often reported as UFOs.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
- Do you think the glowing blue object was an alien? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Why do you think some people believe in aliens? Discuss.
- Imagine that aliens come to Earth. Do you think they'll be friendly to humans? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you think the police and the FAA should try to explain what the glowing blue object was? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Imagine you see a glowing blue object in the sky. Will you call the police about it? Why or why not? Discuss.
- In your opinion, when people see mysterious things like UFOs and strange animals, how should they feel (ex. scared, interested)? Why? Discuss.