Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. I didn’t sleep well last night, so I decided to take a nap in the afternoon.
- ex. Why hasn’t he finished the report yet? Is he slacking off?
- ex. I was very productive today: I cleaned my room, did the laundry, and ironed all my shirts.
- ex. Jen felt restless, so she decided to take a walk.
- ex. Emily became depressed after her dog died.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
In a recent survey by one mattress company, 16% of work-from-home employees admitted that they sometimes fall asleep during meetings. The survey also showed that 48% wake up later than usual, while 33% take naps. In addition, 36% said that they sometimes slack off during their work shift.
According to the survey, many employees find it difficult to focus and stay productive while working from home. One big problem is “Zoom fatigue,” or the feeling of being tired after many online meetings. Remote workers reported feeling more unhappy with the quality of their sleep than the quantity. Thirty-four percent said that their sleep quality was being negatively affected.
People who have poor sleep are more likely to feel restless, lonely, and depressed. To improve sleep quality, experts recommend having a bedtime routine, doing meditation, following a set sleep schedule, and exercising. Giles Watkins, author of the book Positive Sleep, says that everyone should try to get seven to eight hours of sleep at night.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
Working from Home
- In your opinion, is it better to work from home or work in the office? Why? Discuss.
- What can work-from-home employees do to stay focused and productive? Why? Discuss.
- Do you think working from home will be more common in the future? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you agree that people who have poor sleep are more likely to feel restless, lonely, and depressed? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you think that everyone needs seven to eight hours of sleep at night? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you think it's okay to take a nap while working from home? Why or why not? Discuss.