Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. Her weekends are devoted to studying.
- ex. The company’s packaging is now entirely eco-friendly.
- ex. Many people are talking about the controversial video.
- ex. It’s not good to judge how other people look.
- ex. For many people, macaroni and cheese is a comfort food.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
British brothers Thom and James Elliot have written a 270-page book devoted entirely to pizza. The idea for the book came after they spent 9 years traveling the world to learn about the popular food. In 2012, they quit their jobs and studied the art of pizza making in Naples, Italy. The brothers then traveled to over 20 countries, including Lebanon and Japan, to learn about their local pizza cultures.
The book talks about unique pizza ingredients from around the world, including controversial ones like pineapple. It also has a section on the various ways that people eat pizza, such as rolling it like a cigar or using a fork and knife. Thom and James share what they learned about pizza in the book without judging.
The brothers feel that pizza is a comfort food and a major part of life for people all over the world. People eat pizza when they’re sad, but it’s also eaten during times of celebration or hard work. The brothers say that other foods may be loved by many, but pizza is clearly number one.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
- Do you agree that pizza is loved by everyone? Why or why not? Discuss.
- How do you feel about pineapple as an ingredient on pizza? Why? Discuss.
- In your opinion, what's the best way to eat pizza (ex. roll it like a cigar, use a fork and knife)? Why? Discuss.
Food and Culture
- What do you think about the way that other countries serve your culture's food (ex. mango sushi, avocado rolls)? Why? Discuss.
- What do you think about the way that other cultures' foods are served in your country (ex. tarako spaghetti, tuna and mayonnaise pizza)? Why? Discuss.
- In your opinion, what food best represents your country's culture? Why? Discuss.