Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
- ex. This mask can block most particles in the air.
- ex. They converted the empty building into an apartment.
- ex. I washed my shirt, but the tomato sauce stain is still visible.
- ex. We have to conduct a survey for our project.
- ex. My doctor said that I can take one pill every day or inject my medicine once a month.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
A team of scientists created special particles that may help people see better in the dark. The particles help the eyes convert invisible light into visible light. Thanks to this invention, humans may no longer need to use special cameras or goggles to see at night in the future.
To test if the particles work, the scientists conducted an experiment on mice. The mice were divided into two groups, and one group was injected with the special particles. Both groups needed to swim in the dark toward infrared light, a type of invisible light. According to the scientists, the mice injected with the special particles successfully made it to the goal.
After the first successful experiment with mice, the scientists plan to test the particles on dogs next. According to the scientists, night vision can help police dogs catch criminals at night. The scientists also hope to improve the particles. They want to make sure that the particles are safe for humans before they do experiments with people.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
- Should humans have night vision? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Would you like to have a special ability? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you think scientists should study how to give humans special abilities (ex. night vision)? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Would you ever participate in an experiment? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Should scientists continue conducting experiments on animals? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you think it's okay that some people participate in experiments as a part-time job? Why or why not? Discuss.