Helpful Words and Phrases
Listen and repeat. 聞いてリピートしましょう。
be aimed at
- ex. The new service is aimed at working mothers.
- ex. I like buying books with eye-catching covers.
- ex. My company has four tiers of management; my boss is in the lowest tier.
- ex. My name is engraved on the medal.
- ex. The boy constantly asked his mother for candy.
Read the article below and answer your tutor's questions.記事を読んで講師からの質問に答えましょう。
Famous footwear company Nike recently launched the Nike Adventure Club, a new subscription service for kids’ shoes. The new service is aimed at kids aged 4 to 10 years old. Parents and kids can choose from more than 100 eye-catching pairs of shoes and sneakers.
The Nike Adventure Club offers three tiers of subscription options. For $20 per month, kids will get four pairs of shoes a year. For $30 per month, kids will receive six pairs of shoes a year. Finally, for $50 per month, kids will get 12 pairs of shoes a year. For all three tiers, the shoe boxes are engraved with the child’s name. Each pair of shoes also comes with an adventure kit that has stickers, games, and a small gift.
According to Nike, the new service will help parents who constantly need to buy shoes for their growing children. Kids who receive multiple pairs of shoes a year will always have shoes that fit well. Nike is confident that children will find the perfect shoes for them through the Nike Adventure Club.
Choose a topic and discuss the questions with your tutor.トピックを選び、質問に基づいて議論しましょう。
- Do you think that shoe subscription services are a good idea? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Should people be allowed to quit subscription services whenever they want? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Do you think that subscription services will become even more popular in the future? Why or why not? Discuss.
- Which is more important when buying shoes, style or comfort? Why? Discuss.
- How many pairs of shoes should a person own (ex. three pairs, nine pairs)? Why? Discuss.
- Should children be allowed to choose their own shoes? Why or why not? Discuss.