IN THIS LESSON, YOU WILL
2. Talk about your hometown with your new neighbor.
3. Talk to a friend about your new neighbors.
STEP A EXERCISE
Are the underlined expressions used correctly? If not, change the sentences.
- I’m fed up with our neighbors. They’re so nice to me.
- I like my new neighbor, Michelle. We just met, but we’re already on a first-name basis.
- Their mochi ice cream is a must! It’s the best ice cream I’ve ever tasted.
- You absolutely have to try the egg rolls. They taste awful.
STEP B EXERCISE
Make new sentences using the expressions in the box. The form of some expressions may need to be changed.
- Michelle grew up in Kyoto, but now she lives in Osaka.
- My mother gave birth to me here in Glasgow, and I’ve lived here my whole life.
- My friend’s apartment is on the 27th floor, and he can see the river from his place.
- Our house looks brand new after my parents spent years repairing it.
You and your family are planning to move to another country. You’re looking for an apartment to rent. Read a real estate ad.
- need some TLC
- overlook something
- fully refurbished
If you’re looking for space and comfort, this gorgeous, fully refurbished flat is for you. Located on Queen Street, this two-bedroom flat is located close to Cardiff Queen Street Station and is just a few minutes’ drive from schools and medical facilities. This tenth-story flat overlooks a park and is within walking distance of numerous restaurants and shops.
- 2 bedrooms
- 1 bathroom
- living room
- dining room
- gas central heating
- wood laminated flooring
- £1550/month + utilities
For inquiries, please call us at 020-0123-4567.
Last week, you moved to the apartment that you saw in the real estate ad. You just ran into a neighbor in the hallway for the first time. Introduce yourself and talk about your hometown.
- be born and raised in somewhere
- be originally from somewhere
- have roots in somewhere
- absolutely have to
- a must
After a few weeks in your new apartment, you noticed that one of your neighbors likes to gossip about everyone else. Call your friend back home and tell him/her about your annoying neighbor.
- be fed up with
- be on a first-name basis
Find a good neighborhood and get to know your neighbors.
Could complete the task with ease
Could complete the task with some clarifications
Could complete the task with additional instructions
Could somehow complete the task with difficulty
the ability to use a wide variety of vocabulary
the ability to speak correctly
the ability to speak smoothly without pauses or fillers
the ability to manage a conversation