IN THIS LESSON, YOU WILL
2. Have an interview.面接を受けましょう。
3. Explain and adjust your new boss’ schedule.新しい上司のスケジュールを説明し、調整しましょう。
STEP A EXERCISE
Are the underlined parts grammatically correct? If not, correct them.
- He’s been working at the bank since 10 years.
- Applicants must have 5 years’ experience in accounting.
- I’ll travel to South Korea for a client meeting. I booked my flight last week.
- He’s not professional as my previous assistant.
STEP B EXERCISE
Choose the correct words in the parentheses.
I’m Sheena. I’ve managed the IT Department of our Mumbai office (for / since) four years. I mainly check the quality of the apps we create. I’ve been doing that (for / since) last year. My company recently opened a new office in Indonesia. The staff there aren’t as experienced (than / as) the staff at my office, so my boss asked me to transfer there for a year or two. My work visa is ready and my airplane tickets are bought. (I’m going to / I’ll) move to Indonesia next month. I can’t wait!
You need a new job.
Read the job ad.
- must (not)しなければならない（してはいけない）
Herondale Manufacturing is in need of 1 full-time administrative assistant.
The administrative assistant is mainly in charge of the operations manager’s schedule. He/She must be flexible as tasks may vary from time to time.
- Must have at least two years’ experience in administrative work
- Must have good time-management skills
- Must be an excellent problem solver
- Must be willing to travel (locally and abroad)
Click here to apply.
- What position is the job ad for?
- operations manager
- administrative assistant
- What is the main responsibility of the job?
- to manage the manufacturing staff
- to help set the operations manager’s schedule
- Which is NOT a requirement to apply for the job?
- must be willing to travel overseas
- must have excellent interpersonal skills
You applied for the administrative assistant job and were invited for an interview.
Answer the HR person’s questions.
- (not) as (adjective) as～と同じく(形容詞）だ（ではない）
Today is Monday. Talk with your boss about his/her schedule for this week.
- be going to～するつもりです（予め決めていた）
Find a job and complete your first assignment.仕事を見つけて、最初の任務をやり遂げましょう。
Could complete the task with ease
Could complete the task with some clarifications
Could complete the task with additional instructions
Could somehow complete the task with difficulty